ATTENTION: Due to the Coronavirus,
the 2020 golf tournament will be rescheduled for a date in 2021 TBD.
Our current Student Correspondence Course enrollment is 1,600. This represents a cost of $51,200 to the ministry. Read what participants have shared about our program:
“Being in prison, there’s not many things available for those wanting help for drug addiction. By providing a study to me, you’ve given me a way to work the steps and build upon my relationship with Jesus Christ.”
“It was interesting how this study course, scripture, etc. can help change so many different addictions. Through this course, I came to realize there were a couple of other areas I needed to address (which were hidden) in order to have a successful recovery.”
“This course is easy to follow, understand and worthwhile. As I worked the steps I noticed the changes in my attitude and my life. I appreciate that you gave me the chance to be a part of this life-changing course.”
“I enjoyed all of this course. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This course has not only helped me immensely, but it is one of the best ones I have taken. May God continue to bless you, protect you and motivate you to continue serving through this program because you are making a difference.”
“I enjoyed the scripture studies and meditations the most. They helped me become deeply rooted in the material and helped me understand the scripture better.”
What else do we do?
- We make our Christ-centered recovery study guide available for free to anyone incarcerated anywhere.
- We have an accompanying Student Correspondence Course available for free for those desiring deeper study.
- We have a free Facilitator’s Training Correspondence Course available for those interested in facilitating groups.
- We have a Facilitator’s Guide that has taken most of the work out of preparing for a group.
- We are available at no charge to meet with and help guide those seeking recovery.
- We are happy to meet at no charge with family members or friends of struggling addicts to encourage or help guide them as well.
- We love sharing options for recovery services and treatment in the Marion County area.
- Our study materials are available to anyone. However, materials are only free for those incarcerated at this time.
- We are happy to speak with members of churches about starting recovery group meetings.
- We love praying with people, telling them about the hope they have through Jesus Christ. Every moment is a chance to begin again.
We are proud to share that our ministry is 100% debt free.
Christian 12 Step Ministry, Inc. is a 501c3 designated non-profit corporation solely funded by donations from individuals, churches, and businesses.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Registration #CH1436
CHRISTIAN 12 STEP MINISTRY FACTS
- Started in 1979 in Ocala, Florida, by Ray Geisel, a Christian businessman
- Registered in Florida as a non-profit, 501©3, organization. All gifts are tax-deductible: a copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Registration #CH14362
- Represented in all 50 states and several foreign countries, hundreds of correctional facilities (jails, prisons, federal prisons), and community and church groups
- Have published and distributed over 173,000 copies of our study guide, “Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ”
- Over 100 copies mailed weekly to inmates along with our Student Correspondence Course
- Over 100 correspondence lessons are reviewed weekly, maintain approximately 1,600 students at all times
- Multiple groups meet weekly in Ocala and the surrounding area
- Continuously expanding our reach to other communities as pastors, prison chaplains, inmates, and others in the recovery community spread the word about our materials
- Groups meet in the Marion County Jail, Marion Correctional (men), Florida Women’s Reception Center (women), and Lowell Correctional (women)
- Volunteers are the heart of our ministry, it takes over 100 volunteers to help us do what we do
- Accountable to a dedicated and diverse Board of Directors consisting of professional men and women
- Endorsed by the local sheriff, jail chaplains, prison chaplains, Salvation Army chaplains, and other professional mental health and substance abuse counselors
- Recognized by local courts and probation as a provider of 12 Step recovery
- Fully funded by financial gifts from individuals, churches, and businesses and by donations for our materials (our study guide and Student Correspondence Course)
- Was listed as a provider of addiction recovery resources in the “Inside Journal,” a publication of Chuck Colson’s organization, Prison Fellowship
- Spanish translation is available
- Found daily via webpage and social media
What is our cost to make our program free for those incarcerated?
- approximately $2.00 per study guide, “Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ”
- an additional $30 to cover all mailing costs for each study guide and to process the accompanying Student Correspondence Course.
- total of approximately $32 per student
It is generous individuals, churches, and businesses that enable us to serve those who request our help to overcome their addiction. Please visit us at www.christian12step.org and on Facebook, Christian 12 Step Ministry, Inc.