Christian 12 Step Ministry was proud to participate in the second Faith & Mental Health Summit held Saturday, February 3, 2018, at Marion Technical College.
The ministry joined the Marion County Health Alliance and The Vines Hospital as Event Sponsors.
This event originated in the heart of Pastor Louis Cherubin of Kingdom Revival Church, a member of the Mental Wellness Coalition of Marion County.
The coalition recognizes that church leaders are often on the front lines when members are in crisis. The coalition’s goal was:
- to bridge the gap between traditional service providers and the faith community
- to provide education and resources in the areas of Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
The event began with Keynote Speakers, Jamie Schofield of Faithfully Guided and Mayor Kent Guinn sharing the Ocala Grow in Kindness Day Community Initiative.
- The Power of Faith & Prayer in Recovery by Renee Arnett, Christian 12 Step Ministry
- Living with Mental Illness by Howard Moon, Chairman of the Mental Wellness Coalition of Marion County
- Temperament: Your Identity by Jamie Schofield of Faithfully Guided
- Mental Illness: What is the Church’s role? by Pastor Louis Cherubin
- Faith & Mental Health: “No Longer Strangers” by Dr. Diane Clark
- Addiction & Recovery by Steve Blank, The Centers
- Discovering Housing First in Marion County by Michael Blessing, Lutheran Services Florida
- College of Central Florida’s Suicide Prevention Project by Tom Walsh
- Mindfulness: a Tool in Dealing with Compassion Fatigue by Amy Roberts, Robert Boissoeault Oncology Institute
- Behavior Health Referrals & Follow Up Best Practice by Linda Wilson
- Courageous Compassion by Cindy Grimes
- Family Care Ministry by Pastor Lenny Cote, Church @ the Springs
An informative day was enjoyed by all. We look forward to the next opportunity to participate in such an event to help educate and provide resources to our community.