Before you attempt to facilitate a group, we highly recommend one of three things:
- You have participated in a 12 Step type of group meeting yourself
- You have completed our Student Correspondence Course
- You have attended a Facilitator Training or completed the Facilitator Training Correspondence Course
We highly recommend this course for three reasons:
- This course will help you evaluate how well you know the material and have applied it to your life. This is extremely important so that you may effectively present it to others and help them apply it to theirs.
- You may have group members with understanding and maturity at many different levels. This course presents you with a few questions that are of an antagonistic nature so that you may be prepared in advance for how you would handle those questions within a group setting.
- This course contains additional teaching you may find helpful as you prepare for your group meeting.
To become a participant, contact our office (352) 732-0877 or submit a written request to: Christian 12 Step Ministry, PO Box 4321, Ocala, FL 34478-4321. Please include $15.25 for the cost of the study guide, Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ. This guide is necessary to complete this course.
Please Note: The Facilitator’s Guide is available for $25 and includes 1 study guide.
Upon the receipt of your request, the study guide and the first lesson will be mailed to you. Complete this lesson and return it to us with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your lesson will be reviewed and comments may be added that will assist you as you prepare to lead a group. We will then return it to you along with the next lesson. Each lesson should be submitted with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Upon the completion of this course, we will provide you with a Certificate of Completion.