A Correspondence Course may be requested by anyone seeking help to overcome an addiction, an emotional stronghold, or codependency. The Correspondence Course thoroughly covers The 12 Steps and includes questions to help you apply the principles specifically to your life. To become a participant, simply submit a request in writing to: Christian 12 Step Ministry, PO Box 4321, Ocala, FL 34478-4321. Please include $15.25 for the cost of the study guide, “Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ”.
Note: This study guide is free to those incarcerated.
When submitting your request for the course, please include your Inmate Identification Number.
Upon the receipt of your request, the study guide and the first lesson will be mailed to you. You may complete the first lesson at your convenience and return it to us with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your lesson will be reviewed and comments may be added that will encourage you in your recovery. We will then return it to you along with the next lesson. Each lesson should be submitted with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Upon the completion of this course, we will provide you with a Certificate of Completion to show that you have taken serious steps to improve yourself and to overcome your addiction. If you would like, upon your request, we will also send a letter to your classification officer to include in your jail/prison file.
Those who complete the Correspondence Course and demonstrate genuine recovery with a sincere desire to share it are invited to then participate in the Facilitator Training Correspondence Course. The same study guide will be used for this course and the same procedure for submitting lessons will be followed. Upon the review of the final lesson of the Facilitator Training Course another Certificate of Completion will be issued.
- Recommended Reading
- The Recovery Bible
- Jesus Calling (Daily Devotional)
- God Calling (Daily Devotional)
- The Bondage Breaker, by Neil T. Anderson
- Addictive Thinking and The Addictive Personality, by Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. and Craig Nakken
- Wild at Heart, by John Eldredge
- Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge
- The Wounded Heart (Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse), by Dr. Dan B. Allender
- Keeping Ex-Offenders Free!, by Donald Smarto
- Faith-based Residential Treatment Options
- Dunklin Memorial Camp (Men Only) www.dunklin.org
- The Refuge Ranch (Women Only) www.therefugeranch.org
- Fresh Start Ministries (Men Only) www.freshstartministries.com
- Liberty Lodge (Men Only) www.libertylodgeministries.com
- Teen Challenge International (Boys, Girls, Men, and Women) www.teenchallengeusa.com
- Teen Challenge Southeast Region (Boys, Girls, Men, and Women) www.teenchallenge.cc/
- Faith-based Addiction Studies
- L.I.F.E. Recovery International www.freedomeveryday.org