Our 15th Annual Benefit is coming March 7, and will be held at the Country Club of Ocala! The evening will include a flavorful dinner at a beautiful golf course setting with heart-warming presentations of how Christ has impacted the lives of our guest speakers.Read More
This work came to us from a man whose life is being restored through a local program. Logos Lodge is a 10-month Christ-centered, drug and alcohol regeneration program for men.
Addiction may seem to win for a time; but all things, including recovery, are possible with God.
We love “locking shields” with others working hard to help people transform their lives and rebuild their families. Together, we make a difference; one life at a time.
Thank you, Steve, for your heartfelt warning and glimpse of your pain. May it save another.
I destroy homes, tear families apart.
Take your children, and that’s just the start.
I’m more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold.
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
If you need me, remember, I’m easily found.
I live all around you. In schools and in town.
I live with the rich. I live with the poor.
I live down the street and maybe next door.
My power is awesome; try me you’ll see.
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go.
But try me twice and I’ll own your soul.
When I possess you, you’ll steal and you’ll lie.
You’ll do what you have to, just to get high.
The crimes you’ll commit for my narcotic charms,
Will be worth the pleasure, but you’ll feel sad.
You’ll forget your morals and how you were raised.
I’ll be your conscience, I’ll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents and parents from kids.
I turn people from God and separate friends.
I’ll take everything from you, your looks and your pride.
I’ll be with you always, right by your side.
You’ll give up everything, your family, your home,
Your friends, your money, then you’ll be alone.
I’ll take, I’ll take till you have nothing more to give.
When I’m finished with you, you’ll be lucky to live.
If you try me, be warned; this is no game.
If given the chance I’ll drive you insane.
I’ll ravish your body, I’ll control your mind.
I’ll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I’ll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you’ll hear from inside your head,
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you’ll see,
I want you to know these are all gifts from me.
But then it’s too late and you’ll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.
You’ll regret that you tried me; they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen, many times you were told.
But you challenged my power and chose to be bold.
You could have said no and just walked away.
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I’ll be your master, you will be my slave.
I’ll even go with you when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It’s all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than word’s can tell.
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.
Pieces of mail numbering hundreds of thousands have reached our office over the years. The majority of our mail consists of study guide requests and completed lessons for our Student Correspondence Course.
Often, these requests and courses include notes of thanks for our program materials along with personal reflections; proof that our program leaves an impact on hearts.
We couldn’t help but share these powerful words coming from an inmate in Newton, North Carolina.
I wonder, if you knew the destruction of what you do,
Would you stop?
Would you turn your life around,
Knowing you were saving lives and families by doing so?
If you could follow all the little bags you exchange for cash
On their full journey,
Would it make you feel remorse?
If you could see the child in fear, hiding in her older sibling’s bedroom
While their parents fight?
If you could see the children hungry,
Going to school with no lunch,
Making their own way there,
Because their parents had handed all their cash to you?
If you could see the children that cry themselves to sleep at night,
Because their parents have split up and they don’t see their dad
That they once were so close to anymore?
If you could see the wife that cries,
Because the man she loves with all her heart
Has lost his way and she can’t help him back?
If you could see the mother that gave life to
Such a perfect child,
Who raised and nurtured them to the best she could,
Whose heart now breaks as she has to watch that child,
On a destructive path she cannot protect them from
No matter how hard she tries?
If you could see the father, the protector of his family,
The man that is strong, that worked hard
To raise his family right and give them all they needed,
The man that promised his princess the day she was born
That he would never let any harm come her way
So long as he was still breathing…
If you could watch that strong, proud man cry uncontrollably,
Because his little princess,
Now grown into a beautiful woman
Has sold her body to a stranger for cash just to give to you?
If you could see the young man who once had a great job he was proud of,
But now lost because of the little bag he keeps buying from you,
If you could see him selling all his possessions one by one
He worked so hard to get,
If you could see him break into the elderly lady’s home while she sleeps at night
To steal whatever he can to give to you,
If you could see the fear that lady lives with for the rest of her life now?
If you could see all the depression,
All the pain,
All the heartache,
All the hopelessness,
All the fear,
All the people’s lives it destroys,
Dealer, would you stop?
Help us to reach those who need You the most with Your message of hope, love, and change.
Our first, local training with our newly revised materials was held Saturday, April 14th, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
It was an inspiring, encouraging day with compassionate men and women considering how to serve others through Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ.
Our time together included:
- a brief Orientation to Christian 12 Step Ministry
- an introduction to our Student Correspondence Course
- an introduction to our Facilitator Training Correspondence Course
- a brief overview of each of The 12 Steps
- a brief overview of Prayer, Fasting, Bible Study, and Church Fellowship
- a Healing of Memories exercise
- Discussion Tools
- information for 3 nationally known web resources for Mental Health & Substance Abuse
We reviewed material, shared stories, laughed, cried, and gave God all the glory.
Special thanks to:
- Central Christian Church, Ocala, for allowing us to host there
- Jennifer Argus of Great Gatherings, Events & More for organizing breakfast and lunch
Trusting Him to water newly planted seeds and cause them to grow.
A beautiful evening of live music and Caribbean fare was enjoyed by all.
Our 14th Annual Event was held Saturday, March 10, 2018 at the Ocala Hilton.
The highlights of the evening included:
- Recognition of Darlene Smith as the ministry’s Volunteer of the Year. Darlene has been sharing Walking the 12 Steps with Jesus Christ in the Marion County Jail, the Women’s Reception Center at Lowell, and the Phoenix House for over 7 years. Her volunteer service is greatly appreciated!
- Recognition of Lonnie & Abbie Earnest for 15 years of loving service at Christian 12 Step Ministry. We are extremely thankful for their teamwork and we love them dearly.
- Many men and women shared their stories of redemption and the power of Jesus in their recovery.
- Senator Dennis Baxley shared alarming addiction statistics for Florida and the nation.
- Reverend Michael Beck closed the evening with a powerful Benediction reminding us that our mission field is right outside our door.
Thank you to all of our faithful sponsors:
- Ocala Springs Baptist Church
- Dr. Jose & Erika Jiron
- Barry & Merilyn Pond
- Central Christian Church
- Gene & Darla Cowan
- Lonnie & Abbie Earnest
- Mark & Linda Hensley
- Bob & Susie Mays
- Steve & Jill McClellan
- Blessed Trinity Catholic Charities
- Curington Contracting
- Linda Dieckmann
- John & Pat Meyer
- Mick & Pam Viland
Thank you to all who donated items and baskets for our Silent Auction.
Please visit us on Facebook for event photos and other ministry news.
Christian 12 Step Ministry was proud to participate in the second Faith & Mental Health Summit held Saturday, February 3, 2018, at Marion Technical College.
The ministry joined the Marion County Health Alliance and The Vines Hospital as Event Sponsors.
This event originated in the heart of Pastor Louis Cherubin of Kingdom Revival Church, a member of the Mental Wellness Coalition of Marion County.
The coalition recognizes that church leaders are often on the front lines when members are in crisis. The coalition’s goal was:
- to bridge the gap between traditional service providers and the faith community
- to provide education and resources in the areas of Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
The event began with Keynote Speakers, Jamie Schofield of Faithfully Guided and Mayor Kent Guinn sharing the Ocala Grow in Kindness Day Community Initiative.
- The Power of Faith & Prayer in Recovery by Renee Arnett, Christian 12 Step Ministry
- Living with Mental Illness by Howard Moon, Chairman of the Mental Wellness Coalition of Marion County
- Temperament: Your Identity by Jamie Schofield of Faithfully Guided
- Mental Illness: What is the Church’s role? by Pastor Louis Cherubin
- Faith & Mental Health: “No Longer Strangers” by Dr. Diane Clark
- Addiction & Recovery by Steve Blank, The Centers
- Discovering Housing First in Marion County by Michael Blessing, Lutheran Services Florida
- College of Central Florida’s Suicide Prevention Project by Tom Walsh
- Mindfulness: a Tool in Dealing with Compassion Fatigue by Amy Roberts, Robert Boissoeault Oncology Institute
- Behavior Health Referrals & Follow Up Best Practice by Linda Wilson
- Courageous Compassion by Cindy Grimes
- Family Care Ministry by Pastor Lenny Cote, Church @ the Springs
An informative day was enjoyed by all. We look forward to the next opportunity to participate in such an event to help educate and provide resources to our community.
Visit us on Facebook for event photos and other ministry news.
Christian 12 Step Ministry has made its mark for the Kingdom through its Student Correspondence Course.
Written requests for this course are received every day. These requests come from men and women in correctional facilities all over the United States; sometimes from outside the United States. This course is available at no charge for anyone who is incarcerated. The heart of Christian 12 Step Ministry is compassionate towards those in the criminal justice system.
Comments received directly from this course recently:
“Being in prison, there’s not many things available for those wanting help for drug addiction. By providing a study to me, you’ve given me a way to work the steps and build upon my relationship with Jesus Christ.”
“It was interesting how this study course, scripture, etc. can help change so many different addictions. Through this course, I came to realize there were a couple of other areas I needed to address (which were hidden) in order to have a successful recovery.”
“This course is easy to follow, understand and worthwhile. As I worked the steps I noticed the changes in my attitude and my life. I appreciate that you gave me the chance to be a part of this life-changing course.”
“I enjoyed all of this course. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This course has not only helped me immensely, but it is one of the best ones I have taken. May God continue to bless you, protect you and motivate you to continue serving through this program because you are making a difference.”
“I enjoyed the scripture studies and meditations the most. They helped me become deeply rooted in the material and helped me understand the scripture better.”
To read about our upcoming fundraising event click here.
To help us continue to mail this course to incarcerated men and women at no charge to them click here.
Thank you for considering supporting Christian 12 Step Ministry. We cannot do what we do without you.
Social Services of all kinds are buckling under the tremendous burden of needs created by those struggling in addiction. To read about the effects of drug addiction on society click here: livestrong.com.
Recovery from addiction of any kind can be a long and winding road. Sobriety and sanity can be deeply desired one minute and tragically elusive in the next. For most, the battle is extremely difficult enduring bottom after bottom experience. For many, they actually lose their battle to death.
So how does Christian 12 Step Ministry come alongside of those who are battle weary and seeking hope?
Believing that a compassionate, loving God is always pursuing us with the power we need to overcome through a relationship with Him:
- We make our Christ-centered recovery study guide available for free to anyone incarcerated anywhere.
- We have an accompanying Student Correspondence Course available for free for those desiring deeper study.
- We have a free Facilitator’s Training Correspondence Course available for those interested in facilitating groups.
- We have a Facilitator’s Guide that has taken most of the work out of preparing for a group.
- We are available at no charge to meet with and help guide those seeking recovery.
- We are happy to meet at no charge with family members or friends of struggling addicts to encourage or help guide them as well.
- We love sharing options for recovery services and treatment in the Marion County area.
- Our study materials are available to anyone. However, materials are only free for those incarcerated at this time.
- We are happy to speak with members of churches about starting recovery group meetings.
- We love praying with people and telling them about the hope they have through Jesus Christ. Every moment is a chance to begin again.
Why should you support us?
- Every gift is 100% tax deductible.
- Our ministry is 100% debt free. Your gifts are fully funding materials for those incarcerated and our daily operating expenses.
- Through the gospel message we share, we help others become secure in an eternity with God.
- Mental health and substance abuse providers are looking for ways to bridge the gap between traditional therapies and faith.
- There is no limit to how an all-powerful, all-seeing, all-knowing and loving God may act on behalf of one who truly becomes surrendered to Him.
Would you consider a Sponsorship or Silent Auction Basket for our upcoming annual event?
Click on this event link for more information: www.christian12step.org
Thank you so much for your consideration. We cannot do what we do without generous supporters like you.
Mark your calendars for an evening of celebration amid beautiful, nautical flair.
Your generosity will enable us to continue extending our reach to educate and support those seeking Christ-centered help in their recovery journey.
Hilton Ocala – 3600 SW 36th Avenue, Ocala, FL 34474
This beautiful evening begins at 5:30 pm and includes:
- Hors d’oeuvres and Dinner
- Live Music
- Silent Auction
- Gifts of Appreciation for you, our generous supporters
Click here for reasons to support Christian 12 Step Ministry.
Click here to see testimonies from our Student Correspondence Course.
Opportunities to sponsor this event or to donate items or themed baskets for the Silent Auction are now available.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Sponsorship & Ticket Packages as follows:
- Event Sponsor – $2,500 (includes 10 tickets)
- Life Saver – $1,000 (includes 10 tickets)
- Anchor – $650 (includes 10 tickets)
- Lighthouse – $250 ( includes 2 tickets)
- Individual Ticket – $65
Email email@example.com for Sponsorship & Ticket Purchase. Please include your name, phone number, and package/tickets you are requesting.
We hope to see you there…
Years ago, in the heat of my battle with negative thoughts, the Lord revealed something to me.
1 John 5:21 (AMP) says, “Little children, keep yourselves from idols (false gods)—[from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life].”
Negative thoughts become our idols when:
- We believe them more than we believe God and His Truth
- We continually think about, ponder, and entertain them instead of thinking about, pondering, and entertaining God and His Truth
- We act out our life by adjusting our behaviors towards others or ourselves according to our negative thoughts
- We act out by choosing behaviors to fuel them (make them stronger) and affirm them (prove and confirm they are true to us)
One definition of worship in the dictionary is “showing devotion to”. We “show devotion to” something by setting ourselves apart for it.
By believing, constantly thinking about, and acting out our negative thoughts we are worshiping them and not God. We find ourselves in the middle of idol worship without even realizing it.
In John 5:5 (AMP), we are told the story of a man who had suffered with a deep-seated and lingering disorder for 38 years. In John 5:6 (AMP), Jesus notices the man lying there helplessly. Jesus knew the man had been there a long time in that condition. Jesus asks the man, “Do you want to become well? [Are you really in earnest about getting well?]”
We must ask ourselves the same question.
2 John 1:4 (AMP) says, “I was greatly delighted to find some of your children walking (living) in [the] Truth, just as we have been commanded by the Father [Himself].”